Posts are blog entries—or articles—that are displayed in chronological order on your homepage, typically with the newest post at the top. Unlike pages, posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are also included in your site’s RSS feed.
Covered in this video:
- Creating a new post in WordPress using the Posts > Add New > sub-panel.
- Personalizing the Add New Post interface.
- How to resize the editing area.
- Formatting text and content using the WYSIWYG editor.
- Assigning categories and tags to your post.
- Adding a Featured Image to your post.
- Postdating or scheduling a post for another time.
- How to save and publish posts to your site.
Why we trust WP Engine to host WP101...
Since we moved to WP Engine nearly two years ago, we've served 1.4 million pages to 607,000 visitors. We've also enjoyed...
- 300% faster page loads than our previous host!
- 99.97% uptime! (That's stellar.)
- Automated nightly backups.
- 24/7 security monitoring.
- Automatic WordPress updates.