Posts are blog entries—or articles—that are displayed in chronological order on your homepage, typically with the newest post at the top. Unlike pages, posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are also included in your site’s RSS feed.
Covered in this video:
- Creating a new post in WordPress using the Posts > Add New > sub-panel.
- Personalizing the Add New Post interface.
- How to resize the editing area.
- Formatting text and content using the WYSIWYG editor.
- Assigning categories and tags to your post.
- Adding a Featured Image to your post.
- Postdating or scheduling a post for another time.
- How to save and publish posts to your site.
Why we trust WP Engine to host WP101...
Since we migrated this site to WP Engine over 18 months ago, we've served more than 1.2 million pages to 300,000 happy visitors.
Our page load times are 300% faster than on our previous hosting provider! Plus, we enjoy automated nightly backups, security monitoring, and automatic updates whenever WordPress releases a new version. But the best part? Their support team is stellar! It's like having our own IT department on call 24/7.
Does your web host give you that kind of peace of mind?