The five steps to install WordPress…
- First, we’ll download the latest version of WordPress from WordPress.org.
- Then we’ll upload those files to our web server, using FTP.
- Third, we’ll create a MySQL database and user for WordPress.
- Then we’ll configure WordPress to connect to our newly-created database,
- and last, complete the installation and setup our new website!
Need more detailed instructions? Check out the WordPress Codex.
SiteGround was the web host we demonstrated in the video. They offer a 1-click WordPress install and stellar support along the way, plus the lowest prices of any WordPress host!
Over your head? Don’t sweat it!
If you find that the instructions in this video are still over your head, don’t worry about it! Simply head over to our good friends at WP Engine and let them handle it for you. They’ll install WordPress for you, take care of updates for you, backup your site nightly, monitor your site 24/7 for malware, and provide answers along the way. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Embed this video on your own site for free! Just copy and paste the code below…
Why we trust WP Engine to host WP101...
Since we migrated this site to WP Engine over 18 months ago, we've served more than 1.2 million pages to 300,000 happy visitors.
Our page load times are 300% faster than on our previous hosting provider! Plus, we enjoy automated nightly backups, security monitoring, and automatic updates whenever WordPress releases a new version. But the best part? Their support team is stellar! It's like having our own IT department on call 24/7.
Does your web host give you that kind of peace of mind?