The five steps to install WordPress…
- First, we’ll download the latest version of WordPress from WordPress.org.
- Then we’ll upload those files to our web server, using FTP.
- Third, we’ll create a MySQL database and user for WordPress.
- Then we’ll configure WordPress to connect to our newly-created database,
- and last, complete the installation and setup our new website!
Need more detailed instructions? Check out the WordPress Codex.
SiteGround was the web host we demonstrated in the video. They offer a 1-click WordPress install and stellar support along the way, plus the lowest prices of any WordPress host!
Over your head? Don’t sweat it!
If you find that the instructions in this video are still over your head, don’t worry about it! Simply head over to our good friends at WP Engine and let them handle it for you. They’ll install WordPress for you, take care of updates for you, backup your site nightly, monitor your site 24/7 for malware, and provide answers along the way. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Embed this video on your own site for free! Just copy and paste the code below…
Why we trust WP Engine to host WP101...
Since we moved to WP Engine nearly two years ago, we've served 1.4 million pages to 607,000 visitors. We've also enjoyed...
- 300% faster page loads than our previous host!
- 99.97% uptime! (That's stellar.)
- Automated nightly backups.
- 24/7 security monitoring.
- Automatic WordPress updates.