WordPress Hosting Companies
You’ve got better things to do than keeping your WordPress site up to date, backed up, and secure! The hosting companies we recommend below specialize in hosting WordPress sites, and offer services you simply can’t get from regular web hosts. When you add up the benefits outlined below, managed WordPress hosting is worth every penny!
- Automatic nightly backups for peace of mind!
- Automatic WordPress updates, ensuring your site is always up to date!
- 24/7 security monitoring for malware or attempts to hack your site.
- Free repairs if your site is ever hacked!
- Staging servers so you can make changes to your site offline.
- Servers that are specifically built for hosting WordPress sites… fast!
- Stellar support from people who know WordPress inside and out, not just reading from a book of scripts.
You might also read: “Which WordPress host is best for me?”
- StudioPress Sites — NEW! If you love StudioPress themes, you should check out their all-in-one hosting plan that includes all of their themes, plus dozens of commercial plugins, and managed WordPress hosting. It’s perfect for bloggers, podcasters, and affiliate marketers, as well as those selling physical products, digital downloads, and membership programs. Check out our review of StudioPress Sites for more details.
- Liquid Web — Do you make money with your website? Liquid Web is for people whose website is their business. They provide enterprise-level features at mid-market prices. If you use your website to make money, Liquid Web is your best choice. It’s specifically designed for business owners, agencies, and freelancers who run mission-critical sites. And they offer some really cool features you can’t get from any other WordPress host.
- WP Engine — Looking for a solid all-around WordPress host with developer tools and stellar support? WP Engine is one of the most well-known WordPress hosts, and for good reason.
- GoDaddy — Are you a beginner on a budget? GoDaddy offers easy, hassle-free WordPress hosting with phone support and the lowest cost at $3.99/mo!
- SiteGround — Are you a developer who wants affordable tools? SiteGround offer a full suite of developer tools for just $14.95/month.
- GreenGeeks — Did you know that by 2020, the web hosting industry will be as big of a polluter as the airline industry? GreenGeeks replaces, with wind power credits, 3 times the amount of energy your website will use. Does your current web host do that?
Learn HTML, CSS, and PHP Basics
You don’t need to know HTML and CSS to use WordPress. But eventually, you may run into situations where it comes in handy. You may want to change fonts or colors used in your site. Or you may want to add a custom link to a text widget. That’s where HTML and CSS come in handy. And these are the best courses for learning those basics.
- Intro to HTML and CSS — Treehouse is the easiest, most beginner-friendly place to learn the basics of HTML and CSS.
- PHP: A Primer — Do you already know HTML and CSS and want to start developing for WordPress? This ebook will give you a solid introduction to PHP so you can start creating WordPress themes and plugins!
SEO: Get your site listed in Google!
Baffled by SEO? Tired of publishing your content to the sound of crickets? If you want your content to appear at the top of the first page in Google search results, you need to learn to think like Google. These SEO courses will help you do just that!
- SEO Bootcamp is back! — Three days of intensive in-person SEO training for website owners and bloggers. Get tangible SEO results!
- “To the Top” SEO Course — over 8 hours of education and 85 lessons in SEO.
Premium WordPress Themes
Don’t get stuck with a poorly-coded theme and no support! WP101 recommends these talented, highly-reputable WordPress theme companies…
- StudioPress Sites — NEW! More than just themes. All-in-one hosted websites, including 20 mobile-optimized themes, premium plugins, PLUS hosting, security, and maintenance. Everything’s included!
- Elegant Themes — 87 beautiful, premium WordPress themes for only $69!
- ThemeForest — The largest selection of premium WordPress themes.
- Array — 17 of the most gorgeous, best-designed WordPress themes for just $89!
- Proteus Themes — WordPress themes for small business with support for local SEO. Exclusive, 10% discount for WP101 members! Use promo code: WP101 at checkout.
WordPress Customizations, Maintenance, and Support
Need help fixing your WordPress site, or keeping it up to date? These folks can help!
- Codeable — Need a minor customization? Get help from 200+ WordPress experts in 10 minutes or less!
- WebTegrity — Friendly hosting and maintenance services for your WordPress site.
- WP Site Care — Friendly WordPress support services from $79 per month.
- Maintainn — Security, backups, updates, and customizations starting at just $49/month.
- ManageWP — Manage all of your WordPress sites from one dashboard.
- Sucuri — Hacked? These guys can help! Web monitoring and malware clean up service.
Add a Custom Form to Your Site with These Plugins
One of the missing features in WordPress (in our opinion) is an easy way to create custom forms. Every website should at least have a contact form! Thankfully, these companies have stepped up to the plate and filled this much-needed void:
- WPForms — Hands-down, the easiest, most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin on the market!
- Gravity Forms — A full-featured plugin for creating custom forms in WordPress.
- Ninja Forms — Not as easy as WPForms, but more flexible, and completely FREE!
The Two Easiest Ways to Backup Your WordPress Site
- BackupBuddy — The most popular choice for backing up (or moving) a WordPress site!
- VaultPress — Backup and security monitoring for your WordPress site from the makers of WordPress.com
Build a Membership Site Just Like This One
Over the years, I’ve had the opportunity to experiment with just about every membership plugin out there! Here are the ones I recommend…
- LifterLMS — Here’s why we recently migrated this site to LifterLMS. We feel it’s the best LMS plugin for building an online learning site just like this one.
- Rainmaker — Hands down, the best all-in-one membership platform with hosting included.
- MemberPress — One of the easiest membership plugins to set up, with robust options.
- PrivateContent – The simplest way to protect content for logged-in users.
- Restrict Content Pro — Simply protects your content for paying members.
Simple e-Commerce for WordPress. Sell anything!
- WooCommerce — The largest, most flexible e-commerce plugin for WordPress.
- WP eCommerce — The original WordPress e-commerce plugin!
- Exchange by iThemes — Sell your digital and physical products online in 5 minutes.
- Easy Digital Downloads — The easiest way to sell digital downloads through WordPress – for FREE!
Easy Video Hosting
- Vimeo PRO — We trust Vimeo PRO to power this site! Video hosting for professionals with powerful privacy options to protect your videos. Here are 10 reasons you’ll love Vimeo.
Events Calendar Plugins
- Sugar Event Calendar — A sweet, simple WordPress event calendar plugin. Most event calendar plugins are overly complex and bloated. Sugar Event Calendar is designed to be simple, light weight, and provide just the major features you need for event management.
- Events Calendar Pro — A solid, feature-rich calendar and events management suite with tons of add-ons to scale your calendar from soup to nuts.
“Coming Soon” or Maintenance Mode Plugin
- Coming Soon Pro — Work on your site behind the scenes while you collect valuable email addresses.
- WPBeginner — An excellent site for text-based beginner tutorials.
- Post Status — The top site for news and information for WordPress professionals.
- WP Tavern — One of the longest-running WordPress news sites.
- WPKube — Another very popular site for text-based beginner tutorials.
Note: We participate in affiliate programs with many of the companies listed above because we believe in them. We may receive a small commission when products are purchased through the links on this website. You can rest assured that we only recommend products we’ve used ourselves and where we have a personal relationship with the developer(s).