WordPress Hosting Companies
You’ve got better things to do than keeping your WordPress site up to date, backed up, and secure! The hosting companies we recommend below specialize in hosting WordPress sites, and offer services you simply can’t get from regular web hosts. When you add up the benefits outlined below, managed WordPress hosting is worth every penny!
- Automatic nightly backups for peace of mind!
- Automatic WordPress updates, ensuring your site is always up to date!
- 24/7 security monitoring for malware or attempts to hack your site.
- Free repairs if your site is ever hacked!
- Servers that are specifically built for hosting WordPress sites… fast!
- Stellar support from people who know WordPress inside and out, not just reading from a book of scripts.
- WP Engine — The best all-around WordPress host. Read why we trust WP Engine to host this site!
- GoDaddy — Easy hosting for beginners with stellar support and the lowest cost at just $3.99/month!
- Flywheel — Built for designers and creatives, with developer tools for just $15/month.
- Media Temple — Premium WordPress hosting. Use coupon code: WP10125 to save 25%!
- SiteGround — Great support and developer tools for just $14.95/month.
- ClickHOST — Includes free spam filtering. Use coupon code: WP101-50 to get 50% off a BETTER or BASIC plan for 3 months!
Premium WordPress Themes
Don’t get stuck with a poorly-coded theme and no support! WP101 recommends these talented, highly-reputable WordPress theme companies…
- Elegant Themes — 87 beautiful, premium WordPress themes for only $69!
- ThemeForest — The largest selection of premium WordPress themes!
- The Genesis Framework — The first and most popular theme platform for WordPress.
- WooThemes — One of the largest selections of professional WordPress themes.
- Headway Themes — Drag and drop theme builder for WordPress.
- Array — 16 of the most gorgeous, best-designed WordPress themes for just $89!
Add a Custom Form to Your Site with These Plugins
One of the missing features in WordPress (in our opinion) is an easy way to create custom forms. Every website should at least have a contact form! Thankfully, these companies have stepped up to the plate and filled this much-needed void:
- WPForms — Hands-down, the easiest, most beginner-friendly WordPress contact form plugin on the market!
- Gravity Forms — A full-featured plugin for creating custom forms in WordPress.
- Ninja Forms — Not as easy as WPForms, but more flexible, and completely FREE!
The Two Easiest Ways to Backup Your WordPress Site
- BackupBuddy — The most popular choice for backing up (or moving) a WordPress site!
- VaultPress — Backup and security monitoring for your WordPress site from the makers of WordPress.com
Build a Membership Site Just Like This One
Over the years, I’ve had the opportunity to experiment with just about every membership plugin out there! Here are the ones I recommend…
- LifterLMS — We recently migrated this site to LifterLMS! We think it’s the best LMS plugin for building an online learning site like this one.
- MemberPress — One of the easiest membership plugins to set up, with robust options.
- Membership Add-on for Exchange — Easily sell membership access to your own WordPress site.
- PrivateContent – The simplest way to protect content for logged-in users.
- Restrict Content Pro — Simply and easily protect your content for paying members.
WordPress Customizations, Maintenance, and Support
Need help fixing your WordPress site, or keeping it up to date? These folks can help!
- Codeable — Need a minor customization? Get help from WordPress experts in the U.S. and Europe, satisfaction guaranteed!
- Maintainn — 24/7 security monitoring, backups, updates and professional support services on any host.
- WP Curve — 24/7 WordPress support from $69 per month.
- WP Site Care — Friendly WordPress support services from $79 per month.
- ManageWP — Manage all of your WordPress sites from one dashboard.
- Sucuri — Hacked? These guys can help! Web monitoring and malware clean up service.
Simple e-Commerce for WordPress. Sell anything!
- WooCommerce — The largest, most flexible e-commerce plugin for WordPress.
- WP eCommerce — The original WordPress e-commerce plugin!
- Exchange by iThemes — Sell your digital and physical products online in 5 minutes.
- Easy Digital Downloads — The easiest way to sell digital downloads through WordPress – for FREE!
Better Mobile Checkout for WooCommerce
Did you know that mobile traffic now accounts for 50% of ecommerce traffic? But mobile visitors convert poorly compared to desktop. Increasing your mobile conversion rate could have a huge impact on your revenue. Some friends of ours created a plugin that addresses this particular need. It replaces the default checkout process with a mobile-optimized checkout form that is proven to convert mobile visitors!
- WooCommerce Smart Checkout makes mobile checkout a breeze on mobile devices such as an iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.
The Best Email Newsletter Plugins for WordPress
Over the years, we’ve worked with dozens of email newsletter providers. These two offer the best integration with WordPress…
- MailChimp — The most powerful plugin for building your email list!
- Mad Mimi — The easiest, most user-friendly email newsletter solution!
Professional Video Hosting
- Vimeo PRO — The highest video picture quality for professionals. Powerful privacy options protect your videos just for visitors to your site. We trust Vimeo PRO to power this site! Are you a PRO?
Events Calendar Plugin
- Events Calendar Pro — The best plugin to easily add an event calendar to your website.
“Coming Soon” or Maintenance Mode Plugin
- Coming Soon Pro — Work on your site behind the scenes while you collect valuable email addresses.
Note: We participate in affiliate programs with many of the companies listed above because we believe in them. We may receive a small commission when products are purchased through the links on this website. You can rest assured that we only recommend products that we’ve used ourselves and where we have a personal relationship with the developer(s).